Love wave in porous layer under initial stress over heterogeneous elastic half-space under gravity and initial stress
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
In the present paper, effect of initial stresses and gravity on the propagation of Love waves has been studied in porous layer surface over a heterogeneous half-space. We have considered two types of boundary on free surfaces: (a) rigid boundary and (b) traction free boundary. The propagation of Love waves has been investigated under assumed media in both the cases of boundary and discusses a comparison study of two cases. The dispersion equations and phase velocities have been obtained in both the cases. The numerical calculations have been done and presented graphically. This study of Love waves in the assumed medium reveals that the presence of initial stress in the half-space and absence of initial stress in the layer, the displacement of phase velocity in rigid boundary is more than the traction free boundary.
- Abd-alla,A. M. and Ahmed,S. M. ,1999. Propagation of love waves in a non-homogeneous
- orthotropic astic layer under initial stress overlying semi-infinite medium. Applied Mathematics and Computation,106(2),449-460.
- Anjana, P.G., Samal, S.K. and Mahanti, S.K, 2010. Love waves in a fluid-saturated porous layer
- under a rigid boundary and lying over an elastic half-space under gravity. Applied Mathematical Modeling, 34, 1873-1883.
- Biot M.A., 1956, Theory of deformation of a porous viscoelastic anisotropic solid, Journal of Applied Physics 27: 459-467.
- Biot M.A., 1956, Theory of propagation of elastic waves in fluid saturated porous solid, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 28: 168-178.
- Bacigalupo, A., Gambarotta, L., 2014. Second-gradient homogenized model for wave propagation in heterogeneous periodic media. Int. J. Solids Struct. 51, 1052–1065
- Chakraborty, M., Chattopadhyay, A. and Dey, S.,1983. The effects of initial stress and irregularity on the propagation of SH-waves. Indian J. pure appl. Math.,14(7),850-863.
- Chakraborty, S.K.. and Dey, S.,1981. Love waves in dissipative media under gravity. Garlands
- Beitragezur Geophysik. 9096),521-528.
- Chattaraj, R., Samal, S.K., Mahanti, N., 2013. Dispersion of Love wave propagating in irregular anisotropic porous stratum under initial stress. Int. J. Geomech. 13 (4),402–408.
- Chattopadhyay, A. and Kar, B.K., 1978.On the dispersion curves of Love type waves in an initially stressed crustal layer having an irregular interface. Geophysical Research Bullentin,16(1),13-23.
- Dey, S., Gupta, S.,Gupta, A.K., 1996. Propagation of Love waves in heterogeneous crust over a heterogeneous mantle. J. ActaGeophys. Pol. Poland XLIX (2), 125–137.
- Dey, S., Gupta,S., Gupta, A.K., 2004. Propagation of Love waves in an elastic layer with void pores. Sadhana 29, 355–363.
- Gupta, S., Majhi, D.K., Kundu, S., Vishwakarma, S.K., 2013a. Propagation of Love waves in non-homogeneous substratum over initially stressed heterogeneous half-space. Appl. Math. Mech. Engl. Ed. 34 (2), 249–258.
- Gupta, S., Chattopadhyay, A., Majhi, D.K., 2010b. Effect of initial stress on propagation of Love waves in an anisotropic porous layer. J. Solid Mech. 2 (1), 50–62.
- Kalyani, V.K., Sinha, A., Pallavika, Chakraborty, S.K., Mahanti, N.C., 2008, Finite difference modeling of seismic wave propagation in monoclinic media. Acta Geophys. 56
- (4), 1074–1089.
- Kundu, S., Gupta, S., Manna, S., 2013. SH-type waves dispersion in an isotropic medium sandwiched between an initially stressed orthotropic and heterogeneous semi-infinite media. Meccanica. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/ s11012-013-9825-5.
- Kundu, S., Gupta, S., Manna, S., 2014. Propagation of Love wave in fiber-reinforced medium lying over an initially stressed orthotropic half-space. Int. J. Numer. Anal. Methods Geomech. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/nag.2254.
- Manna, S., Kundu, S., Gupta, S., 2013. Love wave propagation in a piezoelectric layer overlying in an inhomogeneous elastic half-space. J. Vib. Control. http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1077546313513626.
- Pal, P.C., Sen, B., 2011. Disturbance of SH-type waves due to shearing-stress discontinuity in a visco-elastic layered half-space. Int. J. Mech. Solids 6 (2), 176–189.
- Pradhan, A., Samal, S.K., Mahanti, N.C., 2003. The Influence of anisotropy on the Love waves in a self-reinforced medium. Tamkang J. Sci. Eng. 6 (3), 173–178.
- Sharma, M.D., 2004. Wave propagation in a general anisotropic poro-elastic medium with anisotropic permeability: phase velocity and attenuation. Int. J. Solids Struct. 41, 4587–4597.